- Removes all limits on the size of the EAA
- Removes all limits on the number of new charter schools the EAA could create
- Removes a provision that would have let schools ask their local ISD to help them instead
- Removes criteria for deciding when a school can "exit" this nonsense
- Changes the law to remove any legal doubt that the EAA could be asked to run state "takeover" schools
- Allows the Legislature to avoid taking any responsibility for the failures of the EAA without actually changing anything.
- Reject the Senate changes, in which case the bill goes to a proverbial "smoke filled room" for behind-closed-doors negotiations and rapid passage of whatever comes out; or
- Accept the Senate changes, placing this mess in state law; or
- Simply throw the whole thing in the trash and start over in the new year with something that actually works for kids.
Thank you for your advocacy on behalf of our children and schools!
click on this link to send an email to Representative MacGregor.
Contact Rep. MacGregor!